October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Eileen!

Thank you so much Keegan... I just want to watch it over and over again!
Sunday October 12th was my 22nd birthday! On Saturday I went to work, to the BYU football game, then after the game Rich took me out for some yummy Chinese food! I love Chinese food! He also got me just what I ask for... a book called the Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring. I have been wanting to read this for awhile now, so I'm excited to finally get the chance. My best friend Stephi and her hubby came over after that!
Then on Sunday, my actual Birthday, we went to church and then after church we headed up to Highland for Garrett's Eagle Court of Honor. Mara made a yummy dinner and we had a joint celebration for Garrett and I. Alyssa also made a Funfetti cake... the Curran favorite! I had a lot of fun and got some great gifts. I sure am lucky to have such good family and friends! My awesome gifts included: the O Jerusalem painting my Mommy gave us, a canvas of one of our wedding photos from Boyd and Mary, the Mama Mia soundtrack from Abby (which I have listened to a bunch already, I love it!), a cookbook and a bunch of fun candles and great lotions from my best friend Stephi, cutest Anne Taylor shirt from Julie, a lotion and chocolate from Alyssa, and movie tickets from Mara & Roger. Miranda also gave me a box full of See's Chocolates and Mom and Dad were very generous as well with some cash! Thank you so much for the gifts!! I also got the best home made cards from my nephews: Josh, Keegan, & Nolan. I was spoiled! BUT I have to say my favorite gift is the one shown above! Keegan learned Happy Birthday on the violin for me and the boys sung along! They also called me Sunday morning and performed it over the phone a few times! Nolan then continued to sing me Happy Birthday another 10 times or so... I loved it!

Here are some photos from when I was young to now! Rich scanned these photos before we got married for a quick wedding video we half attempted to make. Anyway I love to look at them of course... I wish I was still a cute little girl;-)
I didn't have any hair until I was about 2 years old :-)

Backyard in Virginia Beach
scan0016

Now I'm all grown up and married to the best man of earth!
ski

Miranda also had her birthday this week! Her birthday was yesterday October 14th. Rich and I went to go visit her for a awhile (A much needed break between school, work, and STUDYING!)... and she shared possibly the most delicious gift EVER! Justin spoiled her with some great gifts... one including a whole Godiva Chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory! O man... that is by far MY FAVORITE! It's incredibly rich and next time anyone goes to the Cheesecake Factory it's a must have! I forgot to take my camera last night... so no birthday photos:-( But HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miranda!

I think this is a gorgeous photo of Miranda and Justin at our reception!

She's the best!
cleanhouse
I also have to mention some of the traits I really admire about Miranda! She is a great example to me on some of the things I drastically need to improve on... especially the first two!
1. She is a cleaning machine. She doesn't just keep her place looking nice... she is the epitome of cleanliness.
2. Great cook! She can quickly pull a great tasting meal together for a crowd!
3. Generous! She is a great example of generosity. She has given and helped Rich and I out so much! (ex. a place to do laundry, food, furniture, decor, help cleaning, & the list goes on)
4. I can always trust she is being sincere and truthful. Miranda speaks her mind and never puts up a facade and I think it's great!

I also have to share a quick funny story about Miranda. Miranda has been telling everyone Rich and I are studying for our GED... haha. I sure am glad that's not the case. Rich and I are going to be taking the GRE on the 28th of this month... so we've been studying for that! Man if we were working on a GED we would have a very long way to go! I guess that's one thing to be grateful for... we won't be in school too much longer;-)

4 comments:

Miranda Townsend said...

WOW! Thank you so much for that little tribute...it really means a lot - seriously! What would I do without you guys! (Don't mind that deleted comment on the BYU football one cause I commented on the wrong post...oopsy!)

Miranda Townsend said...

And howabout I NEED that picture of Justin and I...a good one of us together is a so rare!

Miranda Townsend said...

Also, you should both be proud you are finally getting your GED...it's such and accomplishment!

Alyssa said...

Such a good post! How cute is that video! I hope you are having a good week (like you said on Sunday. . .it can only get better, right?) Sounds like you had a fun bday. Good tribute to Miranda too!

And, like Miranda I want to congradulate you both on your GED. That is so great. . .I'm sure it's something you will never regret! Ha!