October 25, 2008

The Halloween Festivities Begin

I clogged the sink today! We had a few eggs that had expired and so I figured I could put them down the drain and turn on the disposal. Wouldn’t you think? Anyway I definitely clogged it! Both sinks side by side we’re filling up. I turned off the water and kept the disposal going. Then turned that off. The water FINALLY went down. I then continued on with my day and forgot about it. Later when Rich and I came home I asked Rich to rinse off the pumpkins we were going to carve. The sink started filling up again! Rich finally took the toilet plunger and after plugging for awhile he seemed to fix the problem. I would have never thought of doing that. So far it's all good... some of the joys of living in an old home;-)

Rich worked so hard all day long! Just a few minutes ago he finished and turned in his proposal for an ORCA grant. One more item to check off the list. I am very impressed with how hard he has been working on his school work and research this semester. Anyway while he was working on campus I attended Kirsten’s baby shower! We went to Spain together and I absolutely love her! She is 34 weeks along with twins boys! She looks great! I have to mention though it was kind of crazy going to the baby shower. I didn’t know anyone there, BUT all the girls either had huge bellies, or a little one or two month old in their car seats. Boy, did I feel out of place... but it was all so cute! It was fun to see Kirsten! I am excited for her! She’ll be a wonderful mom! I also have to mention a conversation Rich and I had. Rich has a feeling we are going to have twins someday... haha I don’t know about that. But his dad is a twin and so I said if we have twins we can name them Rich and Ron. Boy did his face light up!! He is so excited to someday have a little Rich and Ronny in the family;-)

Kirsten & Me

After the baby shower Steph and Manual came over. We carved awesome pumpkins. It’s been a tradition of theirs since they met and we joined them this year. It was a lot of fun! I think they turned out pretty good. We then watched the second Harry Potter. They love the Harry Potter movies and Rich and I have never seen them before. So last week we watched the first Harry Potter and tonight the second. We enjoyed it.

Group photo

The pumpkins!

Rich & Me

Stephi & Manuel

Silly faces ;-)

4 comments:

Christian and Stephanie said...

Impressive! The only thing better than carving pumpkins is eating those little pumpkin candy corn things.

Stephanie said...

Awesome pumpkins! Is that Steph Meadows?

Miranda Townsend said...

Your pumpkin-carving skills are amazing! You are now sworn to name your twins Rich and Ron...I'm holding you accountable.

Kristina said...

LOVE the pumpkins!! Good work!