March 7, 2009

We're Having A Baby, My Baby and Me

We're having a baby, my baby and me
You'll read it in Winchell's
That we're adding a limb to our family tree
While pushing our carriage
How proud I will be
There's nothing like marriage
Ask your father and mother and they'll agree
He'll (She'll) have toys, baby clothes
He'll (She'll) know he's (she's) come to the right house
By and by, when he (she) grows
Maybe he'll (she'll) live in the White House
Our future looks brighter
But definitely
We're having a baby
Ricky: I bet he's (she's) going to look just like you
Lucy: I hope not
We're having a baby
Lucy: I bet she'll speak with an accent like you
Ricky: She?
We're having a baby
My baby and me

Listen to this song I put it first on my playlist. I LOVE "I Love Lucy"!!!
I always imagined playing this song and somehow telling my husband
the news in some special way. But I was also planning on this special
day happening in a couple of years;-) Anyway I decided to announce the
great news to everyone... though I think by now most everyone knows!!
It's been hard for Rich to keep quite;-) It was a complete surprise to
Rich and I both. When I was really 'late' I didn't think anything of it, then
my sister suggested I take the test. I went out and bought one but didn't
take it until a little over a week later. I just really believed there was NO
way possible we could really be pregnant. I just wanted to share our
excitement and gratitude for the opportunity to be parents SO soon!
It will be quite the adventure. So far everything is going really
well. It was AMAZING to hear our little baby's heartbeat for the first
time!! YAY! Grad school and a baby... how could life possibly get any better?!

Who is our Baby going to look like???

Baby Rich
Photobucket

Baby Eileen
Photobucket

What a HANDSOME little guy Rich is
Photobucket

I think I was a pretty little girl too :-)
Photobucket

8 comments:

Miranda Townsend said...

HA! I'm the first one to comment! I'm SO glad you're finally telling people! I can't wait to spread the good news! I actually have had a feeling this whole time that you're going to have a girl...who knows though. Our kids are going to be all so close in age! SO EXCITING!!!! And congrats on the graduate school news...soon you'll be moving away from us...so sad!

Alyssa said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats on everything- on the baby- and on grad school. I love wondering what he or she is going to look like and how his or her personality will come through. It is such an amazing experience. Especially the first time around- when everything is so new and you can actually focus on the experience. Congraduations to you both- you will make wonderful parents! You kids are very lucky!

Bingham Fam said...

Oh my goodness so much great news since I last checked your blog. Congratulations on the baby and the acceptance to grad school. That is fantastic!!! I am thrilled for you guys.

It's Me...shell said...

Oh congrats! That's so exciting!

Tori Mitchell said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! I am so happy for you. Grad school and a baby all at once! You guys will make great parents and both of you were such cute kids you're bound to have a beautiful baby!

Tiffany said...

Yeah! I am so excited for the two of you. It is so much fun and so exciting! How are you feeling, and how far along are you? Anyway congratulations on so many new exciting things!!!

BDandFamily said...

Congrats on having a baby!!! Are you hoping for a boy or girl? And Texas would be fun. Derek and I are moving to Dallas after the summer. Congrats again! -Brianne C.

Amy S said...

I'm retarded. I set up all the blogs with my google reader and totally didn't realize that your blog was private so I'd have to check it on my own. Now I'm sad that I'm behind on your life! I won't make that mistake again! How long are you still in Provo? we need a lunch date.